i'm pretty much in love with this little ice climber. and not just because he reminds me of yukon cornelius from the rudolph movie.
now, in the spirit of the holidays, why don't you tell me: 1) what gift are you most excited to give this year? and 2) what gift are you most excited and hoping to receive this year?
after you tell me all about that, head over to size too small, where i talk a little about my own christmas traditions, gifts and more for mariah's '12 days of christmas' series. her blog is one of my new favorites, one i discovered way later than i should have. thank you, mariah, for having me!
p.s. i also want to thank MRS. snippet & ink, kathryn, who also featured me in a guest post. i got to fantasize a little and imagine up a little wedding in my head. kathryn, who's been away becoming a missus, is the most adorable girl ever. i met her last year in salt lake city at alt. not only does she keep up a wonderful wedding blog, she has perfect skin and great eyebrows. i envy her. congratulations, kathryn!
gypsy's new line of
pretty gorgeous panties is out. and, of course, i am sold. love the flattering cuts and sweet hawaii prints. also, i love this: "gypsy is a unique, classic, romantic line of hand designed underwear and was born from lazy saturday mornings and the search for the perfect pair of cute sexy undies." they're made of SUPER-soft nylon lycra. you need a pair. or six. go now and browse!
and, as usual, the shots taken by daeja fallas leave me breathless. her work still nearly knocks me off my feet. (i have this print. you should have it, too.)
i think it's safe to say any girl would be more than delighted to have at least a couple gifts off this list.
1. print from watercolor illustration from silver ridge studio, $35
2. leather and knit gloves from barneys, $225
3. globe mobile from abc home, $70
4. boyfriend bracelet from bing bang by anna sheffield, $54
5. pug (!) bookends from modcloth, $56
6. calendar from pawling print studio, $25
7. 'antonia' painting by michelle armas, $1,000
8. postcup (23-karat gold postcard design, also comes up with porcelaine pen) from bailey doesn't bark, $49
9. cardigan by boy by band of outsiders, $495 (via miss moss)
10. black garnet ring by katie diamond, $88
11. laduree candle, $68
12. lanvin flats, $495
if you missed them, here are a few more guides to get you started (or, at this point, help you finish up).
i told you i'd be back... time's running out though, hm? i hope you weren't relying on my gift guides to get you started.
1. bagna cauda sauce from dean & deluca, $14
2. chocolate bars from chocolate editions, $5
3. extra virgin olive oil from st. helena olive oil co., $42
4. BYOT (loose leaf tea + bags = bring your own tea) from sanctuary t, $7 (for 10 servings)
5. black flatware from dwr, $60 (for a five-piece setting)
6. fleur de sal french sea salt from williams-sonoma, $14
7. cutting board from grayworks design, $85
here are some more ideas: for the beau, for the francophile, for the dogs.
we'll wrap up the gift guides this week and start next week with some local and last-minute ideas. tick tock.
by caroline duke on Wednesday, December 15, 2010
in love with all of these looks from danish line nümph.
discovered thanks to my new and instant favorite blog, butter + brass.
gift guides will continue tomorrow and through the rest of the week, then i'll be featuring a few local holiday shopping favorites for my oklahoma readers. so, stay tuned.
by caroline duke on Wednesday, December 08, 2010