i'm pretty much in love with this little ice climber. and not just because he reminds me of yukon cornelius from the rudolph movie.
now, in the spirit of the holidays, why don't you tell me: 1) what gift are you most excited to give this year? and 2) what gift are you most excited and hoping to receive this year?
after you tell me all about that, head over to size too small, where i talk a little about my own christmas traditions, gifts and more for mariah's '12 days of christmas' series. her blog is one of my new favorites, one i discovered way later than i should have. thank you, mariah, for having me!
p.s. i also want to thank MRS. snippet & ink, kathryn, who also featured me in a guest post. i got to fantasize a little and imagine up a little wedding in my head. kathryn, who's been away becoming a missus, is the most adorable girl ever. i met her last year in salt lake city at alt. not only does she keep up a wonderful wedding blog, she has perfect skin and great eyebrows. i envy her. congratulations, kathryn!
gypsy's new line of
pretty gorgeous panties is out. and, of course, i am sold. love the flattering cuts and sweet hawaii prints. also, i love this: "gypsy is a unique, classic, romantic line of hand designed underwear and was born from lazy saturday mornings and the search for the perfect pair of cute sexy undies." they're made of SUPER-soft nylon lycra. you need a pair. or six. go now and browse!
and, as usual, the shots taken by daeja fallas leave me breathless. her work still nearly knocks me off my feet. (i have this print. you should have it, too.)
i think it's safe to say any girl would be more than delighted to have at least a couple gifts off this list.
1. print from watercolor illustration from silver ridge studio, $35
2. leather and knit gloves from barneys, $225
3. globe mobile from abc home, $70
4. boyfriend bracelet from bing bang by anna sheffield, $54
5. pug (!) bookends from modcloth, $56
6. calendar from pawling print studio, $25
7. 'antonia' painting by michelle armas, $1,000
8. postcup (23-karat gold postcard design, also comes up with porcelaine pen) from bailey doesn't bark, $49
9. cardigan by boy by band of outsiders, $495 (via miss moss)
10. black garnet ring by katie diamond, $88
11. laduree candle, $68
12. lanvin flats, $495
if you missed them, here are a few more guides to get you started (or, at this point, help you finish up).
i told you i'd be back... time's running out though, hm? i hope you weren't relying on my gift guides to get you started.
1. bagna cauda sauce from dean & deluca, $14
2. chocolate bars from chocolate editions, $5
3. extra virgin olive oil from st. helena olive oil co., $42
4. BYOT (loose leaf tea + bags = bring your own tea) from sanctuary t, $7 (for 10 servings)
5. black flatware from dwr, $60 (for a five-piece setting)
6. fleur de sal french sea salt from williams-sonoma, $14
7. cutting board from grayworks design, $85
here are some more ideas: for the beau, for the francophile, for the dogs.
we'll wrap up the gift guides this week and start next week with some local and last-minute ideas. tick tock.
by caroline duke on Wednesday, December 15, 2010
in love with all of these looks from danish line nümph.
discovered thanks to my new and instant favorite blog, butter + brass.
gift guides will continue tomorrow and through the rest of the week, then i'll be featuring a few local holiday shopping favorites for my oklahoma readers. so, stay tuned.
by caroline duke on Wednesday, December 08, 2010
i'm starting a new friday thing called 'getaway girl.' it's where i turn my wanderlust to greed with a special 'getaway' ensemble, something perfect for a weekend out of town.
today's getaway? a roadtrip to kansas city. ever since kate of cookie & kate shared her recent trip to kc, i've had a hankering to get back. and what better time than now for a little christmas shopping? greedy girl sponsor habitat shoes is in town. and, you shouldn't forget to stop by hammerpress and their amazing studio and shop. oh, and birdies — the best little lingerie shop. plus, the plaza's all lit up.
so, here's a look i'd love to rock on such a roadtrip.
+ current/elliott jeans from net-a-porter
+ democracy of nevermind faux fur vest
+ necklace from bario-neal
+ t-shirt from old navy
+ bag from zara
+ brogues from toast
+ david sedaris' 'holidays on ice' on cd (for the road... if you don't have this already, you're going to have to make that your no. 1 priority this weekend. dinah, the christmas whore? why wouldn't you want to be privy to that special holiday story?)
+ j.crew glitter belt from net a porter
p.s. take a look at the design*sponge kansas city design guide. i really recommend this city, guys. if you're in oklahoma city or tulsa, it's a short drive north — and completely worth it.
1. japanese whiskey
2. bike from public
4. disposable flasks (brilliant)
5. shirt from woolrich
6. wallet from makr carry goods
7. lobel's meat bible and this is npr: the first forty years from chronicle books (use promo FRIEND for 35 percent off and free shipping on all books, through dec. 5)
8. whiskey cologne by portland general store
9. briefcase by moore & giles
10. turntable from urban outfitters
other 2010 gift guides so far (more to come!): for the francophile and for the dogs (or really confused cat).
by caroline duke on Thursday, December 02, 2010
i'll be the first to admit that the last thing i need is another scarf. but want? i really, really want one of these pretty knit cowls from etsy shop taylor house.
taylor house designer chaucee, whose super-active blogging (here and here) puts me to shame, is saving up to study in israel in the spring. every cowl sold helps her in her pursuits abroad. so? what are you waiting for? go help a girl out. at $35-40ish apiece, they'd make some easy and awfully nice holiday gifts for some of your favorite girls.
by caroline duke on Tuesday, November 30, 2010
by caroline duke on Monday, November 29, 2010
i spied this striped blazer over the weekend and i cannot stop thinking about it. it was so perfect. sadly, there was only one, and it wasn't in my size. even more sadly, it's not available online either.
from j.crew, loft, zara and ruche.
by caroline duke on Monday, November 29, 2010